15 Ilene Court, Bldg.12, Unit.6, Hillsborough NJ, 08844 T:(908)-359-7014 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
ISO 9001:2015 Certified & ITAR Registered
Standard Sputtered Coatings
We have twenty sputtering systems; many have standard targets in place insuring a consistency of coating and a quick turn-around.
- Multiple layers of metals are applied to substrates such as Alumina, Aluminum Nitride, Beryllium Oxide, Diamond, Glass, Polymers, PZT, Silicon, compound Semiconductors and others. Conductive layers are typically Copper, Gold, Palladium, Platinum, Ruthenium, Aluminum, or Silver. Standard multilayers include TiW/Au (wirebondable), NiCr/Au, Mo, Ru, NiCr/Ni/Au, NiCr/Cu, Ti/Au. And also, solderable coatings such as: Ti/ Ni/ Au, Ti/Pt/Au, Ti/Pd/Au and TiW/Ni/Ag, Cr/Ni/Au and NiCr/Cu/Au.
- The conductive layers are typically undercoated with an adhesion layer oftentimes with a barrier layer to minimize diffusion at higher temperatures.
- Standard adhesion metals are Cr, NiCr, Ti, and TiW.
- Barrier metals include, but are not limited to, Mo, W, Ni, NiV, Pt, and TiN.
- Resistor coatings from 10 ohms/square to 200 ohms/square are routinely deposited with either TaN or NiCr. Furnace stabilization of these materials from 350°C to 450°C utilized to prevent drift at standard operating temperatures. For applications up to 1000 ohms/square SiCr and SiCrOx are sputtered. Films up to 1 mega-ohm/sq. are deposited utilizing doped poly-Si.
- Dielectric coatings can be deposited by the following methods; RF sputtering, RF reactive sputtering and pulsed DC reactive sputtering. Methods utilized depend on the application, stress requirements, thickness, density, and index. The most frequent materials deposited are Aluminum Oxide, Silicon Nitride and SiO2. Other dielectric films that can be sputtered include MoO2, PtO2, Ta2O5, TiO2, WO2, Y2O3, and ZrO2.
Transparent Conductive Coatings
- Low resistance/high transmission films of ITO are deposited by a proprietary method on Glass, Silicon and Polymer Substrates. Additional transparent conductive coatings include SnO2, Al doped ZnO2, and thin Ag and Au films protected with a dielectric film.
- Hollow Cathode Magnetron Sputtering (with substrate ion bombardment) is used for coating three dimensional parts as they rotate during deposition. The coatings may also be applied to flat (two dimensional) substrates.
- TiN can be reactively sputtered which produces a hard, gold colored coating.
- TiOxNy may be sputtered for a dark colored hard coating.
- TiB2 coatings can be sputtered on planar substrates that produce ultra hard and smooth coatings approaching approximately the hardness of diamond.
Heat sinks can be manufactured to design or coated with AuGe, AuSn, Sn, and In. The In has low roughness and the coatings are very uniform.
We have the following materials in stock, so that we can respond quickly to various customer requirements.Over the past 25+ years we also developed processes to clean and coat customer parts with the materials listed.
Ag—Al—Al 1%Si—Al 2%Cu—AlCu4%—Al 0.5%Cu—Al2O3—AlN—AlZnO—AlNTi—Au—BN—C—Cr—CrSi—CrSiOx—Co—Cu—CuPd—CuSn—CuCr—Fe—Ge—ITO—In—Ir—Mo—MoCu—Monel—MoO2—MoSi2—Nb—NbO2—Ni—-NiCr 50/50—NiCr 70/30—NiCr 80/20—NiFe (permalloy)—NiV—Pd—Pt—PtOx—Pyrex—Rh—Ru—Si—SiC—SiO2—Si3N4—Sn—Ta—TaN—Ta2O5—Ti—TIC–TiB2—TiO2—TiSi—TiW—Rh—Ru—V—W—WS2—Y—Y2O3—Zn—Zr—ZnO2—ZrO2—ZrN